I am aware of a number of ebgp relationships where the two parties
disagree on the nature of their connections:

- the first party believes the second is a transit customer

- the second party believe the first is a peer

Today the two parties agree to disagree, and yet the proper routing
works.

I am also aware of a number of intricate routing policies, along the
lines of in-country transit, per-continent peer, world-wide customer.

I'm afraid these kinds of things could make it tricky or even
impossible to categorize links in black-and-white terms as is done in
these leaks drafts.