> I am aware of a number of ebgp relationships where the two parties
> disagree on the nature of their connections:
> - the first party believes the second is a transit customer
> - the second party believe the first is a peer

yep.  as i said, i will save this part of the mess until we have shown
that brian's approach at least deals with the basics, the gao-rexford
fantasy that the world is flat.  then we can see if we can stretch the
solution to deal with these cases.

> I am also aware of a number of intricate routing policies, along the
> lines of in-country transit, per-continent peer, world-wide customer.

that may be simpler.  it may just be different policies for different
prefixes.  and we know it's all per prefix anyway.

randy