Thanks for the interest in our work. We wanted to clarify a few points:

-- We have a technical report, which contains motivation and details
that the slide deck does not. See
http://www.cs.bu.edu/~goldbe/papers/RPKImanip.pdf

-- As we point out in the paper (and as John Curran, Carlos, and
others have noted here) a missing ROA will not necessarily make the
target unreachable. That depends on the policy at relying parties. We
discuss this in Section 3 of the report.  For example, if a route for
a prefix becomes invalid due to a missing/invalid ROA, and if everyone
uses a "drop invalid" policy, that prefix would become unreachable.
However, with other policies (e.g. depref invalid) the prefix may
still be reachable.

-- Per John Curran and others' points, we want to emphasize that a
missing ROA can make a route either unknown or invalid. That depends
on whether there is another ROA for a covering prefix and a different
AS (see http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6483#section-2).

-- We show that it is possible to revoke a ROA surreptitiously,
through methods other than (the obvious) revocation lists. See Section
2.2.1 of the report.

-- We show that targeted revocation can be accomplished by entities
other than a ROA's issuer, some of which may control many ROAs. The
means by which this is accomplished often looks similar to
grandparenting. See Sections 2.2.2, 2.2.3, and 2.3 of the report.

-- We agree with the observation that watching the RPKI repositories
for changes/anomalies is a good first to step to mitigating the impact
of manipulations.  We are working on such a system right now.

More comments are welcome.

Sharon, Leo, Danny, Ethan, and Kyle
(At Boston University, not Princeton!)

--