On Tue, Sep 6, 2016 at 6:00 PM, Rob Austein <s...@hactrn.net> wrote:

> I guess one question here is the purpose of publishing this document:
>
> a) If the purpose of asking the WG to publish is a hope that the WG
>    will agree that this is a good idea, then I'm with Randy and Steve
>    in the "hell no" camp.

(note, I do not care for this message about politics)

we're here because, I think, from the top down to the RIR there isn't a
hierarchy being created, right? the RIR folk are saying: "Ok, you all want
this thing, but upstairs hasn't created the root, so we're going to do the
best we can with making a root each that allows us to xfer between RIRs.
This is how it's being done, so you have some docs about the mechanics
involved and can build/guide from there"

is that not the case? (again, I don't care about the politics)