thanks dean <blush>.  but as you say, the issue is not the ad homina [0]
but the organi[sz]ation, which is what andy was saying so much better
than i.

it is not just apnic.  the rirs have evolved from our bookkeepers to a
self-perpetuating cartel, now attempting to govern the internet.  aside
from the wannabe itu rir ceos, policiy weenies, especially from the arin
region [1], are flown around the world, at member expense, to tell us
all what and how we should operate.

the boards and the senior management are responsible and need to wake up
and reassess the goals and means [2].  or the membership needs to wake
up and reassess the boards and senior management.

randy

---

[0] - for some reason my mail system does not show me owen's mail.  i
      can't imagine why.  :)

[1] - as i said at nanog, arin has been captured by the tea party.  only
      in the ripe region does the majority of active rir members have
      enable.

[2] - i believe afrinic is actually starting to do this.