On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 12:15 PM, Elias Bizannes
<elias.bizan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Legal and finance can be taken care of by my old man and myself
> respectively.
> I'll put $500 to be an investor and help you find another 48.
> Three questions:
> 1) What proportion of the equity do the investors put in and how much is
> retained by the founders?
I think this would have to be decided based on the startup. I'm
reckoning 10 per cent would be your starting point but if there is a
company that reckons they're valued at more than that, you don't want
to rule them out because you're sticking to 10 per cent. So you'd draw
a consensus and then make an offer
> 2) What will be the selection process?
Would need to be banged out
> 3) Any special conditions (ie, brand new startup, investors cannot be
> funded?)
I'd suggest the only condition should be there are no other investors
in the company other than the founders and that it is early stage