I was thinking about about the abstract you put up for the talk.  I am
just trying to grok it.

It sounds like you are combining a rendezvous service (device
discovery service ie. you car would run the clique rendezvous service
so it detects you phone over blue tooth, and then updates the central
presence service with both the location, and the type of data you are
now able to receive ie. voice, data etc.) with some sort of central
presence service.  In addition to presence information, a set of
capabilities (this is what its called in SIP/H323) are exchanged on
presence registration.  Each user then has multiple devices that they
control / access.  You I believe call these clique profiles.  The
central service then builds some sort of compatibility /
transformation matrix ie. chat message can be sent to say a sms
channel.  ie. the profile's publish which channels or media types they
can receive, and at what priority (ie. some geo info - if its your
mobile, and you are Not in the office, the central service may have
some sort of higher priority etc).  The uber presence service then
automatically looks at your profile and geo info and says - foward all
calls to his mobile (because he hasn't turned on call forwarding).

You then also provide an audit log - not sure what this means, but
does this mean the message contents - records voice messages, or the
call setup event stream, or sms messages, or google wave blips , sip
messages, xmpp , h323, etc.

Have you looked at services like XDM and how SIP and XMPP manage
presence?   ie. extending it , as a base platform etc.  I ask this
because many companies deal with this sort of stuff already (ie. what
cisco call manager , or say the avaya line can do is pretty
impressive, never mind what say the new google talk platform can do in
terms of personal call management) and it may help to work the
abstract a bit more in terms of what it improves today over these
existing services (ie. it might intergrate them etc).  If the POC is
going south,  break the development into steps - sub goals. say
version 1 - working with Jabber or SIP presence as a POC instead of a
meta system.  Pick a small concrete problem and try just solving that
as step one.

Alan.