At the risk of hi-jacking this conversation I'm wondering if any one on the
list has ever used or had experienced using any sales outsourcing
organisations to manage all or some parts of their sales process?

Tbh, as I'm looking at hopefully our next stage of growth, managing the
recruitment of sales people is shaping as one of my bigger headaches as from
my publishing background I know how difficult/hit-and-miss it is to get a
good sales person without paying top dollars.

I had an email from a company that outsources the meeting appointment
process which kind of made this issue top of mind for me, so would be
interested to hear if anyone has any experience in this regard.

On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 11:36 AM, Jacob Watkins
<jacob.c.watk...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Tony
>
> Firstly let me say I work in sales, but in Finance,
>
> Richard has answered Q2 perfectly, basically you have to work out
> total gross cost of a salesperson including cost of seat, commissions/
> bonus, and wages, and set hard and fast targets, if you are confident
> they can achieve this then hire. In my experience as a Business
> Develop Manager, I see most of the traditional sales roles with a very
> high staff turnover rate, so getting the right people is difficult. So
> don’t just settle when recruiting. Try a small team or soloist first,
> measure achievement and then scale where appropriate.
>
> As for Q1, knowing how many potential clients comes with understanding
> the market environment in the your niche. And I think Richard has also
> covered this for your industry
>
> For us we also measure internally, our market including potential
> clients. I use a CRM with sales pipeline management, this allows new
> leads to be pumped into the CRM easily, and will monitor their
> progression through the sales pipeline as I progress with each sale. I
> also allows me to monitor exactly which part of the sales process is
> weakest and adjust my strategy adoringly.
>
> Hope this is useful.
>

> Kind Regards,
>
> Jacob Watkins

> silicon-beach-australia+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com<silicon-beach-australia%2bunsubscr...@googlegroups.com>