Hi Cormac,

Well you are totally right on most points. But the sense of failure
doesn't exist within Australians in the business sector or ordinary
life.

In Australia, we get lots of successes - even in business.

The big problem we face is that our governments, (perhaps
QLD, VIC and WA being exceptions) have too many historic
ties with Europe to really appreciate any of the successes that
are made here by normal Australians. Once success comes
to an ordinary Australian.. there's a tradition that comes very
close to cancelling their passport, or shutting attempting to
shut them down.

Rupert Murdoch, Paul Hogan, Julian Assange, Zehngrong Shi are
just four names that come to mind of success. But there are
hundreds more.

Here's the story on the last guy, in case you haven't heard of
him...

http://www.throng.com.au/sunday/zhengrong-shi-chinas-richest-man

In a way, the Australian Government did help him by telling him to
leave the country. And sure.. that definitely did work.

Now, he isn't portrayed (certainly within government circles) as an
Australian hero - but everywhere else he is...

I'm very sorry to say that unless you act like a good convict in this
country... then you can't expect any favours.

All the Australian business successes have been done without
help from any government (unlike in other countries) and we should
be careful to recognise this and ensure that's carried forward...

Westfields.. hip hip hurray... go build europe...