IANAL but, my understanding of copyright law implies that if
you commission someone to do work, you own all the IP. The contract could
stipulate the opposite of this, but it seems very unreasonable.

If you contract someone to create work for you, then you should have full
right to use that work as you require, I woud imagine this includes without
attribution.

There are moral rights to attribution as well, but "Attribution: Developer’s
name or logo to appear equal in size, stature & frequency to [company]",
reads quite offensive, as it would imply they did as much work as [company]
did, despite [company] taking the risk to finance the project.

Having said all that, if the dev is discounting the job then this could be
an acceptable request.