+1 to the info from Jeromy, Andrew and Adrian.

We do a lot of trust set ups for entrepreneurs. To follow on from what
Adrian mentioned, setting these things up are not expensive or
complicated - and the sooner you do them, the less expensive and
complicated they are.

Australia has an insidious taxation regime with respect to corporate
ownership - if you are serious about being in business for the rest of
your life, you should at least school up on what to do and when to do
it. Don't give big chunks of capital away to the ATO, please, I beg
you. It will put to better use in your hands.

The big thing to remember is that a "tax event" occurs when assets
move. So if you own shares personally, and want to move them to a
trust later, then it will be a "tax event" - so just make sure you do
it before there is any demonstrable financial value.

Always happy to discuss these sort of things with anyone who needs a
bit of specific direction from a legal perspective.

Kurt Falkenstein
k...@brigeadvisory.com.au
+61405235258