Also along similar lines which might be worth looking at is
http://stocktwits.com/

Andrew

On 01/02/2012, at 3:52 PM, Chris Were wrote:

> Great work Michael.
>
> I have considered building something similar in the past. I assume you're
> well aware of http://profit.ly/ which was founded by a well known US trader.
> The limitation with profit.ly is the focus on cash profits, rather than solid
> portfolio performance over time - which roboinvest looks better placed to
> achieve. However, profit.ly is designed to work across multiple platforms
> though, not just Etrade. (As an aside, I strongly suggest you connect to
> Interactive Brokers - most of the big traders use IB and they have an easy to
> use API).
>
> Good luck with the project and I'll signup when time permits.
>
> Chris.
>
> On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 7:55 AM, Michael Giles <m...@roboinvest.com> wrote:
> G'day Silicon Beachers,
>
> Some here will know me, most probably wont.
>
> I wanted to tell the community that my startup Roboinvest (http://
> roboinvest.com) has officially launched.  This recent article summed
> us up pretty well -
> http://www.mybanktracker.com/bank-news/2012/01/29/social-investing-matures-roboinvest-thinks-recipe/.
>
> I founded the company 18 months ago in Melbourne, then 12 months ago
> did a stint at RPI (college in upstate New York - http://rpi.edu),
> then 6 months ago moved the company to New York City where i am
> currently based.  I have raised a small amount of funding and have an
> E-2 visa.
>
> To give you a quick elevator pitch, Roboinvest is a US based social
> investing platform, with direct integration to E*TRADE, that allows
> self directed investors (we call followers) to "look over the
> shoulder" of verified top investors (we call leaders) in real time,
> using a subscription based pay-to-follow model, that's statistically
> proven to increase profitability by 66%.
>
> Essentially followers get to see what leaders are investing in, the
> second the leader does a trade.
>
> If finance and investing is your thing, please check it out and send
> me your feedback - i would love to hear it!
>
> Also, for any fellow Aussies in NYC that i havent met or any Aussies
> coming over to NYC feel free to reach out to me.
>
> Cheers
>
> Michael "Mike" Giles
> http://twitter.com/harland
> #TradeResponsibly

> Forum rules
> 1) No lurkers! It is expected that you introduce yourself.
> 2) No jobs postings. You can use http://siliconbeachaustralia.org/jobs

> Forum rules
> 1) No lurkers! It is expected that you introduce yourself.
> 2) No jobs postings. You can use http://siliconbeachaustralia.org/jobs

Andrew Rogers - Managing Director

Hosting ruminations : http://anchor.com.au/blog
We did the thinking for you : http://anchor.com.au/wiki

Anchor Systems Pty Ltd - Hosting Heavyweights
Level 1, 230 Clarence Street, Sydney NSW 2000
andrew.rog...@anchor.com.au - http://www.anchor.com.au
Phone: 1300 883 979 - Direct: 02 8296 5100 - Fax: 8296 5199