Re. the NSW Government support of Startup House:

For the naysayers debating the merits of having a soft landing for
Australians in the U.S. I would argue that you should spend two weeks
in the valley and then determine the value or otherwise of Startup
House for the Aussie economy.  Take my scenario:
- U.S. incorporated company
- Funded in the U.S.
- Majority of resources in Australia (and working at Fishburners.org)

Outcome for Australia:
- $$ flowing into our economy
- IP and best practices being shared from U.S. to Australia
- Another link in the bridge between Silicon Valley and Australia

The support afforded me by the entrepreneurs behind Startuphouse and
their extended network is, and will be key to the success of my
business.

The spirit of giving and collegiality that is exuded by the San Fran
based Aussies is something that we need to catch up on locally and I
would suggest that you owe it to yourself to get over there and
experience it first hand.

I think that this support is one of the best things NSW government
could do, although I would argue it should be done at a federal
level.