There's some good points there Sam...especially about the quadcopter
form factor 8)

But I don't think this is just about dealing with your forgetfulness.
This is really augmenting your cognition and is a form of distributed
cognition.  When you combine it with wearable displays (see the Google
hype wave for Project Glass[1] running today) then these bots allow you
to extend your sensory perception across time and space - literally[2].

Personally I'd love to have a persistent video stream as part of my
field of vision that lets me quietly stalk my dog when I'm out of the
house just so I can see what she does when I'm out 8)  Or a million
other "body image" extending options that are fed from remote bots all
over the world.  This is also a huge new tourism opportunity.

This kinda relates to the VR thread earlier too and all fits into
Milgram's Mixed Reality Continuum[3].  It is just part of how sensors
are change who we are[4][5].

Tom, you should also talk to Andra Keay (@andragy) and Michael Harries
(@technoist) who are running the Robot Launchpad[6] events starting in
the US and hopefully we'll be running some supporting events here in Oz.

roBman

[1] - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9c6W4CCU9M4
[2] -
http://www.slideshare.net/robman/the-pervasive-experience-project-review-july-2010