Before we talk about getting super funds to invest we need to have something
for them to invest into... I think VC industry in Australia has been high
risk, low return... Also, Australian VCs are no longer investing in
software/web, so it wouldn't help anyway.

But there's StartMate and Blackbird Ventures. StartMate has already proven to
be very successful, not only for the entrepreneurs, but also in terms of
ROI... So with StartMate providing great incubation and seed funding and
BlackBird providing further investment as well as more and more US VCs showing
an interest in Australia I don't think funding is the biggest issue for
Australia startups... we need more awesome, global reaching, real problem
solving startups...

BTW... I use my SMSF to invest into both StartMate and Blackbird :)