From: silicon-beach-australia@googlegroups.com
[mailto:silicon-beach-australia@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of blindman2k
Sent: Sunday, January 19, 2014 6:25 PM
To: silicon-beach-australia@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [SiliconBeach] Hello

I wonder if the patent is still enforceable after all this time. The entire
industry has been using the same technology for 10+ years and only recently did
I find out about the patent.

I own an SMS platform (www.bulksms.com.au<http://www.bulksms.com.au>) and a
number of our clients are dentists and doctors sending appointment reminders.
Most of them use the SMS capabilities in their own practice management systems
but use our gateway for the delivery of the SMS. This way we don't have to
become an expert on their needs.

You can always find cheaper providers of SMS but it's never going to be as
cheap as the US due to the way the carriers in Australia are blocking "grey
routes" which are any messages where they don't get their share. It keeps the
prices inflated and they are getting higher every year.

As for video messaging, VidCorp (http://vidcorp.com/) has been doing this for a
few years but I really like the twist you have put on it with Simple Show Me.
Good job. Make sure you keep it globally relevant and yo ushould find a pretty
big market for it.

    A.