On 24 Jan 2014, at 1:52 pm, Ryszard <ryszar...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> No secret I'm a big proponent of Bitcoin here in Australia, its poised to
> disrupt finance in a big way.
>
> Lower fees, no chance of identity theft, frictionless web payments, no
> charge-backs for merchants (onus is now on the customer) are just some of the
> benefits.
>
> What does the silicon beach crowd think of Bitcoin?

I'm no economics professor but I'm not sure why it doesn't alarm people that
bitcoin by it's nature will always be deflationary since you can never
introduce more money into the system to replace lost money. With deflation if
you borrow a bitcoin, over time your debt grows more by the day not including
interest. Also with delation there is less motivation to invest since you can
make value just by sitting on your money and doing nothing. At least that's
what the text books seem to say.