I think Bitcoin is to finance what the Web is to communications. Cryptocurrency
will have the same impact on society as the hypertext invention in the 1960s
which is what led to the web. And for Bitcoin to succeed now, all it needs to
do is survive this next decade. Its already won.

The deflationary aspect of it is the least talked about externality but what I
believe to be the biggest impact. Our entire society is based on the concept
that consumption is wealth (GDP) and that more spending is higher wealth. The
assumption is why we have consumerism. But with a deflationary currency that
means GDP will keep dropping and people will not be motivated to spend money.
This is the most disruptive thing that could happen in the world.

Who knows maybe we will start measuring progress in society based on life
expectancy growth not the never ending chase to make more money. As Dylan
points out debts will grow each year so this may mean we no longer have an
interest rate on money like how Islamic law proclaims.

—
Sent from Mailbox for iPhone