> Being the lonely cop on this list, I feel I am entitled to make some
> points.
>
>    1. Complaining about this kind behaviour should be seriously
>       considered.  Without a complaint, it is likely that the offending
>       policeman will repeat his behaviour with another person.

Nandkumar - thank you for your points - it's great to have someone with
genuine experience (beyond encounters with nasty cops - I think all the
Indians on the list have some story to tell on that front) on the list.

I just wanted to ask what use a complaint will be? Assuming that the
relevant officer at the station is convinced (or intimidated into) to
register the complaint, what is likely to happen? Is there a serious
chance of consequences for the cop in question? Or atleast a chance that
he won't repeat his behaviour?

If not, what is the point of a complaint?

I do agree with your other points - it is especially very easy to forget
that the police are a very large organization containing all kinds of
people..

Badri