Deepa Mohan wrote:
,----
|    just spoke  to Udhay  and realized  you are a  Yahoo too!  My first
|    contact at
`----

I was a Yahoo!. Now at Amazon.

,----
|    I will  email you  my tel  no. and we  can try  and go  to kacheris
|    together.  Who are your favourites?
`----

Sure!   I would  be so  helped if  someone fills  me on  the technical
details that go over my  head sometimes during these concerts. Finding
out the new  root-note when someone does a swara  bedham is joy, isn't
it?  :)

My favourites: Mandolin Shrinivas (for the amazing 'playing with time'
that he does and his selection of rare ragas.  and of course, the tone
of the instrument), D K  Jayaraman / D K Pattammal / M.S.Subbulakshmi.
Of   the  new  artists   I  like   Sanjay  Subramanyam   (pardon  this
numerologically incorrect spelling) too. Who are YOUR favourites?

(should we  take this  off-line?  btw,  Added you to  my LJ.   I'm <lj
user=sunson>)

  -Suraj

--
,-----------------[http://www.symonds.net/~suraj/]---o
| Palghat Mani Iyer played both mridangam and kanjira.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]