udhay...should we continue this as a conversation between suraj, pavithra and me or can it be on the list?

On 5/3/06, Deepa Mohan < [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
well, high pitch is not necessarily harsh on my ears all the time....I do love the shehnai  and good nagaswaram. But the kind of high pitch that you hear female vocalists in film music doing....THAT goes through my head.

Kathri is OK...I am not into the kind of calisthenics that happens sometimes..I am aging, I like nidhaanam and calm.

On 5/3/06, Suraj < [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Deepa Mohan wrote:
,----
|    How do you all feel about Sowmya, then?
`----

I feel good.

She sings  at 1-Kattai.  :) Yeah,  being low-pitched makes  it easy on
the ears (the same reason why  shehnai / nadaswaram / etc.,. sounds so
painful for me. What about Kadri Gopalnath's Saxophone?).

--
,-----------------[http://www.symonds.net/~suraj/]---o