On Jan 15, 2008 5:51 AM, shiv sastry <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Charles why don't you visit Chitrakala Parishad in Bangalore. This is a school
> for arts and they hold regular art exhibitions. It is situated near the Race
> Course and West End Hotel. Actually it is down the road from Hotel Ashoka
> close to a landmark called Shivananda Circle and you can find out a lot more
> about the arts scene there from professionals or students there.

Hah. Sometimes it seems like I spend most of my weekends there. It is
a great suggestion though! I haven't seen as much work there that I
found "challenging" as I would like. Challenging to my assumptions,
perceptions, or awareness of how others experience the world, or
challenging the status quo in some way. However given the reaction
some works that I consider only mildly challenging have already gotten
(e.g. M.F. Husain, or the recent incidents in Chennai) I'm not really
surprised.

Thanks for the suggestion!

-- Charles