On Mon, 2008-01-14 at 19:16 +0530, shiv sastry wrote:
> There is every reason for me to believe that art coming out of India is
> likely
> to dominate large parts of the world in the same manner that say Hollywood or
> Western pop music have had their day in the sun. it is only a question of
> time and numbers. I believe I am living at a time when the explosion has just
> begun.

i was amazed 2 weeks ago in berlin to see the grungy arty locality of
kreuzberg plastered with posters for the "meena club" [1] which doesn't
just have a bollywood night - as many places in europe do nowadays every
so often - but is a full-time bollywood dance club. and it's the germans
dancing there.

1. http://www.meena-club.de/