On Thursday 08 May 2008, Casey O'Donnell wrote:
[snip]
> "For when you look into the abyss...": Reflections on an Intellectual
> Life That Came and Went in 15 Minutes
> Prof. Alan Sokal, Department of Physics, NYU
> (PDF Available on request, beautiful mock-up)

I'm sorry, I am able to take at face value everything else in your
message, but this sounds really ad hominem. I consider myself no expert
on science, and less than a layperson on STS, but I can't help but see
only Sokal's side on this. The fact is, he generated rubbish and Social
Text printed it. On the face of it, this goes against every ideal upon
which scientific journals base their reputations. How does it begin to be
important whether or not this reflected back on Sokal and the technical
sciences?

Please don't take this as an attack, I am genuinely intrigued.

-Taj.