Would you say pure science / pure math people would appreciate
postmodernism and science studies more?

re: "science studies" what kind of works did you roughly have in mind?
the kind of stuff that gets done in STS departments? Bruno Latour-ish
stuff? sociology of a biology lab etc

On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 10:42 PM, Suresh Ramasubramanian
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Perry E. Metzger [12/05/08 11:37 -0400]:
>

> > analysis, however. I draw a large distinction between Shakespeare and
> > the mounds of masters theses written about him that moulder in college
> > filing cabinets.
> >

>  Clear examples of genius, mangled to death by mediocre and hair splitting
>  criticism and analysis that deserves to molder in filing cabinets.
>
>  But my point was about authors, or even whole genres. Post modernism as a
>  whole seems to be rather less popular than broccoli is, on its own and
>  without being further mangled by thin skinned and prima donna profs like
>  that woman at Dartmouth (well, at Northwestern, now)
>
>  And this distaste for post modernism seems to span two very distinct
>  communities - the liberal arts types (and I consider myself one, not that I
>  got any kind of arts degree) and the engineers.
>  Would you say pure science / pure math people would appreciate
>  postmodernism and science studies more?
>
>  I read the threads but still dont see consensus here - of course the
>  question I raise by itself is a very broad generalization, but still..
>
>         suresh

does the frog know it has a latin name?