On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 08:09:32AM +1100, Charles Haynes wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 3:41 AM, Eugen Leitl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Making it aware, alive. A good thing, no?
>
> Intrinsically good? Only as a matter of faith. If you believe more is

Spelling out the obvious: of course if you happen to share my local
value system. YMMV.

> better, perhaps so, but destruction is required for new creation to

How do you define destruction? I believe a nucleation punctuated-equilibrium
event will maximize the amount of destruction/creation in a relativistic
universe (and possibly, in the metaverse).

> arise. I'm not sure I believe that the unlimited expansion of anything
> is inherently "good."

Good as in "you like?".