On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 04:34:55PM +0530, . wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 3:37 AM, Eugen Leitl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > How do you define destruction?
>
> .... as each moment (nano seconds, if you wish) that just passed me by
> as I typed this, was destroyed forever, never to return.

Not nearly good enough. It lacks a measurement process for the information
irretrievably erased (all assuming time travel is impossible), and which would
involve a hierarchy of scopes each with their own dynamics (your CNS is
adequately
described at six orders of magnitude slower timebase, whereas things at Planck
scale consider ~ns an effective eternity).

In general destruction of inanimate things are cheap. Look at the Moon, no
ecosystems to destroy. Inasmuch destruction of future potentials is to be
considered
you can always counter that by maximized potential/mole realized by postbiota.