--- On Fri, 20/3/09, lukhman_khan <lukhman_k...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> From: lukhman_khan <lukhman_k...@yahoo.com>
> Subject: [silk] Prime Ministerial candidate
> To: silklist@lists.hserus.net
> Date: Friday, 20 March, 2009, 8:49 AM
> In these days of fighting elections
> fully prepared with a PM candidate and usage of terms like
> "PM in waiting" sounds so silly. (not just one party)
>
> Like eating the cake before baking it.
>
> Its almost like making the voters beleive that, that
> particular party has somehow already won the election or at
> least a win is guaranteed.
>
> It also implies that the results will be so predictable
> that this party will surely be in the majority.
>
> What they are actually saying is ......
> Each of us voters is a sucker with our thumbs firmly in our
> mouth?
>
> Anyone else feels something different.
>
> Lukhman

Karat commented yesterday that this is due to the BJP yearning for a
presidential form of government, and always trying to fit our present
Westminster style parliamentary democracy with PM and cabinet responsible to
the house and determined by a majority in the house to a quasi presidential
system.

http://messenger.yahoo.com/invite/