> ITYM *execution*. The House and Senate in the USian system take care
> of the legislation.

Yes. And it is the legislative bodies which are pre-occupied with retaining
the majority in the gov't. Perhaps I wasn't clear, but the presidential
system seems more stable. With our current system any small regional party
can bring the governement down and maybe even force re-election which
effectively means an entire year or more wasted, not to mention the costs.

Its either that, or if you do provide support, then you're locked in for the
term.

If this has been discussed elsewhere, please do forward the links if
possible. I would like to know the arguments against a Presidential system
(with or without an electoral college).

Kiran