2009/6/25 lukhman_khan <lukhman_k...@yahoo.com>

> > You're putting words into my mouth. I never said it
> > favoured one community over another. I just said that it should be
> > uniform, i.e. a Hindu, Muslim,
>
> Why should it uniform? Let the muslim have his/her personal law.
> Why should anyone get worked up about it.

> The whole issue is created just to promote some falsehood that the muslims
> have these wonderful laws for themselves ...bla..bla

You're missing the point completely. It is not that it is wonderful or not.
The point is that the laws are against human rights, and if Muslim majority
countries have realised this and replacing it with more modern laws, why is
it that a majority of Indian Muslims cling to them, which serve only to
highlight the differences between the communities. They want to be
considered no different from any other Indian but actively seek to reinforce
their differences.

One of the reasons (and probably the most major reason) why some countries
in Europe are banning (or have banned) the purdah and/or hijab, because it
reinforces differences and because it does, it creates stereotypes,
increases discrimination etc etc. The end result being that the Muslim
community takes longer to integrate into the greater whole or doesn't at
all.

> Some simple things like inheritances etc (that are acceptable inside a
> muslim family) may not be acceptable to the hindu family.
>
> Then there are the laws that govern marriages. The muslim male is allowed
> to suffer polygamy and the hindu male is protected by law to that effect.
> ;-)

Overall, I hope you're just trolling with this nonsense, because I would be
quite alarmed if this is a fair representation of the views of even the more
privileged and advantaged Muslims in India.

Kiran