> You're putting words into my mouth. I never said it
> favoured one community over another. I just said that it should be
> uniform, i.e. a Hindu, Muslim,

Why should it uniform? Let the muslim have his/her personal law.
Why should anyone get worked up about it.

The whole issue is created just to promote some falsehood that the muslims have
these wonderful laws for themselves ...bla..bla

Some simple things like inheritances etc (that are acceptable inside a muslim
family) may not be acceptable to the hindu family.

Then there are the laws that govern marriages. The muslim male is allowed to
suffer polygamy and the hindu male is protected by law to that effect. ;-)

> or Christian are equal before the law. Perhaps I'm being too
> idealistic...

And you would also like all the fingers of your hand to be of the same length.

Lukhman.