On Sat, Oct 10, 2009 at 3:40 AM, Udhay Shankar N <ud...@pobox.com> wrote:
> I find the association with fine, upstanding world statesmen like
> Haitian dictator “Baby Doc” Duvalier icky, but not otherwise worthy of
> the kind of bile I spewed earlier.

And the Keating 5.

> The one single thing that (for me) pushes her beyond the pale is this:
> her virulent opposition, in both word and deed, to birth control - to
> some of the most desperately poor people in the world. Uncounted
> hundreds (or thousands) of people exist in utter misery today who owe
> their being and state directly to her words and deeds. I consider this
> truly *evil*, and believe that her net contribution to the world is a
> significant increase in the sum of misery in it.

When Diana was divorcing Charles, Teresa apparently said: Poor thing,
she has suffered so much. In public though, she was always opposed to
divorce, following the Catholic doctrine - example of another
hypocrisy, the titled can do what they want, but the masses must
suffer and repent.

Salil.