--- On Tue, 23/3/10, Suresh Ramasubramanian <sur...@hserus.net> wrote:

> From: Suresh Ramasubramanian <sur...@hserus.net>
> Subject: Re: [silk] For the Arundhati Roy haters out there
> To: silklist@lists.hserus.net
> Date: Tuesday, 23 March, 2010, 9:52
> Indrajit Gupta [23/03/10 09:43
> +0530]:
> >End of quote, end of breathless rush to immortalise
> essay.
> >
> >Suresh, you really like this? Honestly? I need to hear
> you say that once again.
>
> i would say that a lot of it - such as the copy of to kill
> a mockingbird -
> is true enough
>
> yes it is more vicious than I care for - but that's more or
> less in the
> fight fire with fire realm

Oh no, please, not that one; it is the ends that count, not the means,
argument. Please, please, please; it's nicer being dragged through a hedge
backwards than to go into this chestnut.

I surrender. burn that fucking witch (emphasise on the verb: good women don't
do it except with their husbands, one husband at a time) at the stake, and cut
off the right hands of all women who come out of the kitchen and learn to read
and write.

You got it, champ.