On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 11:36 PM, Udhay Shankar N <ud...@pobox.com> wrote:
> On 07-Oct-10 5:56 PM, Charles Haynes wrote:

>> That's my primary way of listening to music. I almost never listen to
>> music while doing something else, I find it interferes with my
>> concentration.

> Does that mean that you consciously avoid playing music while doing
> anything else? And do you think that restricts your ability to listen to
> music?

Not exactly. It means that I have a "listening to music" setup that I
assemble/go to when I want to listen to music, and that usually when
I'm doing other things I have no convenient way to listen to music.
Another factor may be that my day includes a lot of interaction with
other people where it would be difficult to be listening to music.

Mostly though (and this is where it starts to sound a little "woo
woo") I like to practice single-tasking as a form of mindfulness. I
like to try to do one thing at a time, and do just that one thing
while I'm doing it.

-- Charles