I assume that by GA, you mean Genetic Algorithms. Genetic Algorithms are
a search heuristic. GA doesn't change the conclusions of my analysis.
In his reply to my email, William Nordhaus <nordhaus.econ.yale.edu>
suggested viewing this in terms of the elasticity of substitution of X
where X would include computation and other factors of production. Is it
sufficiently high? Neither he nor I think that it is. He also had an
excellent reference on the topic, and I would be happy to pass it on if
anybody is interested.Anand