On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 10:49:19AM -0700, Heather Madrone wrote:

> I had an experience of the illusoriness of time when I was 18 that has
> stuck with me. Whatever time might be, if it has any sort of existence

You suggest that first-person experiences, especially vivid ones, are
particularly convincing as a reliable source of knowledge.
They are not; it is trivial to reliably reproduce personally very convincing
experiences by way of hallucinogens. Including that time is illusory,
the sense of identity of with the universe and similar advanced entertainment.
Disney on steroids, nothing else.