On Monday 16 Apr 2012 10:30:44 am Charles Haynes wrote:
> > "Baddi maga" could mean son of prostitute.
>
> "HIjo de puta" (lit. "son of a whore" but meaning approximately the
> same as "son of a bitch" in english) is a very common Spanish curse.
>
> -- Charles

I looked up the meaning of "puta" because that is a very interesting word.

Puta seems to mean whore or f*ck. (The asterisk is because my own mail gets
censored due to reasons unknown to me)

But the word puta seems to have a common origin from Latin "pudendum" meaning
female external genitalia. From that is derived "Mimosa pudica" - or "touch me
not" - a plant that instantly folds it leaves and collapses when touched. Also
related is the Punjabi slang for female external genitalia - "Phuddi" - with
"Maa di Phuddi" being a favorite Punjabi curse. The corresponding Nepali word
is puti.

-shiv