What I've learned so far in my 40's:

1. This too shall pass.

2. Underneath our egos, fashion, persona, achievements, ideas and goals we
are all wet, naked, shivering, starving babies wanting to be hugged.

3. Don't believe every thought you have.

4. When seen from the frame of reference of the heat death of the universe,
almost everything is less serious than your mind makes it out to be.

5. It is almost universally better to have a nice walk than to argue with
somebody who disagrees with you on the internet.

6. The past is over. The future has not arrived yet. All you have is this.
very. moment. Try and live in it as much as you can.

Thaths