On Fri, Jun 6, 2014 at 10:23 AM, Radhika, Y. <radhik...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am with you on that one Udhay - surrounding oneself with interesting
> people is key!
> ​

​The only thing I'd say differently about this is...I find almost everyone
I meet interesting! Whether it is a random encounter or it turns out to be
a long-term friendship..from one end of the spectrum to the other, I rarely
meet people whom I actively dislike (though it happens, of course.)

I travelled back from Delhi to Bangalore by train recently. My co-passenger
was a lady who described how and why she took a doctorate in Hindi
literature...and how she decided that she would marry a doctor (she did
so).

 The coach attendant was a young man who described how financial pressure
made him take on a job as a catering hey-you on the Indian Railways; twelve
years later, his job is still "temporary", but his description of it, and
the people HE meets, was fascinating!

On a training program recently, I met someone disabled by polio, who found
a career where, he said, his disability would not matter...he is a deep-sea
diver. He told me about submarine life-forms off the coasts of South
America.

So...it may be the odd dash of pepper, or the staple
rice-and-buttermilk...I find almost all people interesting, sometimes, even
the ones I dislike, as I try to analyse why I find them nasty. :D