On 06/01/2015 10:27 PM, Udhay Shankar N wrote:

​On a related note: Tell us about the most interesting jobs/assignments
you've worked on?

Sorry for the delay, I was at sea for five weeks with a laptop that died en route.

I'd have to say I've had a lot of interesting jobs; hard to say which was the most interesting. They've included:

* Building high-power laser systems for the "Star Wars Laser Defense Program" (but before the movie came out, so we didn't have cool name for it.

* Building a documentation standards program and technical documentation system for a firm that manufactured computerized machine tools.

* Serving as the founding director of a special library on railroad history and model railroading.

* Work as a Show Quality Monitor at Walt Disney World, which gave me access to the design documentation and maintenance proceedures of the Parks.

* And now in my second "retirement", I'm the director and editor for a non-profit historical society on the topics of chivalry, genealogy, heraldry, nobility, and history before about 1700 AD.

So yeah, no clear career path here, just as I would have preferred!

Cheers,
Bruce