"any task that can be well defined is inherently capable of being automated"

Why do you believe this? Math is littered with well defined unsolved
problems. Just because you can define it doesn't mean it's even possible,
much less automatable.

It's certainly possible that we will automate ourselves out of the need for
"jobs" but that's only a problem if you believe that existing structures of
wealth accumulation and distribution are appropriate for such a world. It
seems obvious that they are not. It could be unrest, or it could be an
unparalleled opportunity to provide basic needs universally and allow for
unprecedented creativity.

-- Charles