The books I liked are:

* Bottle of Lies (Katherine Eban) - from having a very scattered
awareness of the underbelly of generics, the book was useful to
understand what goes on.
* Coming Out As Dalit (Yashica Dutt) - aside from the topical nature
of the memoir, the writing/prose has strength which is both authentic
and makes one pause
* Assam - The Accord, The Discord (Sangeeta Barooah Pisharoty) - have
always had fragmented understanding of the accords and this provided
an opportunity to seek to know more and have better understanding of
the troubles.

full list of books I read are at
<https://www.goodreads.com/user/year_in_books/2019/732796>