Ivan Anderson wrote:

> Marshall wrote:
>
> > Longer means higher ppm means bigger particles.  Once you get to
> about 5 ppm we
> > find that additional ppm almost all goes into bigger particles, not
> more
> > particles.
>
> Marshall,
>  you seem to deal in absolutes a bit to readilly ;-)
>
> I take that you believe that the colour of a silver colloid is a
> 'reflection' of its particle size, and that a water-clear sol
> indicates the smallest size.

This is confirmed by many scientific references.  Go to the library and read
the "Colloidal Chemistry" reference book, it is probably one of the easiest
to find, but I have found at least 8 references that state the same thing,
some textbooks, and others in scientific journals.

> Then how can my small DC units produce clear CS at 20ppm and higher as
> measured by the Ion Selective Electrode method?

Don't know.  What is the Ion Selective Electrode method?  Send me some of
your clear 20 ppm and I will do a ppm test on it.  In no case have I ever
found it possible to exceed 5 ppm by much wihout getting some color.  We use
a $5300 machine purchased specifically to test the ppm of silver, and it is
accurate to about 1 part per thousand.  If you have found a way to exceed
this level and maintain small particle size I would sure like to know how
you do it.

> C'mon mate, the fact that you can not or do not does not necessarily
> apply universally.
>
> Ivan.

True.  Please send me a sample.  First we need to know if the ppm you are
reporting is accurate.  I will also run a spectrograph on it so we know
exactly what color it is as well (even if it is uv).  That will allow me to
easily see if it departs from everything we have tested before.

Marshall.