From: Jean Baugh <oldgl...@bigcountry.net>
Date: 24 May 2007 10:41:35 AM
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Subject: CS>distilled water

Hi,

This is exactly the reason I'm interested in a CS machine that will use plain water and my estimation of done, by eye, by time or using a meter.

I thought on my last gallon of CS, using the usual Wal-Mart brand distilled water (in Texas), there was something wrong with the machine but dumped out the whole thing, cleaned out the glass container, used a new gallon of distilled water but no starter this time. It seemed to take very little time for the machine to cut off. I suspect at some point in the near future, we will not have access to quality distilled water. I'd rather use plain water than to distill water to use unless there is a problem with plain water.

Didn't someone post over this list about making CS from stream water in the 3rd world?

If the ppm is raised in distilled water, won't this amount to a lesser ppm of CS before an automatic machine cuts off?

Thank you,

Jean

****************
- "scl...@netzero.com" <scl...@netzero.com> wrote:

In my neck of the woods Walmart changed distilled
water suppliers and the last batch read 14ppm on my
PWT meter. Unusable, for CS. Check before you use.
Niagara was the last company in CA that was used by
Walmart for DW. That was good stuff at .3ppm. I
guess it varies by state.
Steve

-- Cathryn Camara <surffc...@yahoo.com> wrote:
  The best two places to get distilled water, are
from
Walmart and Walgreens.  I've learned that from
buying
distilled water from the grocery store.  It's not
the
same.  Cathy