  From: ransley
  To: silver-list@eskimo.com
  Sent: Thursday, May 24, 2007 12:05 PM
  Subject: RE: CS>Raw Honey???? have a heart!

  Faith , I see your point, but what else are we to call it in light of the
chicanery in the honey world?

  I know for a stone cold fact that there is raw honey sold at our local HFS
that the beekeeper is well known to give his bees sugar water. I also know he
heats his honey to 90F to process it. People do not understand the need to know
about that, let alone about the need to not use pasteurized honey.

  I buy 12 pints of truly raw, wildwoods, totally cold processed honey and comb
from a little old lady every year. I can't eat that much in a year, not even
close, so I'm stockpiling it for the inevitable day that she quits raising bees.

  I think we do need distinction in our description of honey.

  Daddybob

  Checked by AVG Free Edition.
PM