Hi, Wayne, I guess I must have left out that it was 4-6 oz of prune juice in my post. I have read your post to Dee, I have tried to use a great deal of what you suggest, but tolerate very little of it. Just now I feel I need to follow through on what this Dr. is telling me. We are trying to avoid surgery for an overlong exceedingly slow transit time bowel, 7-8 days from mouth to rectum. Ten years ago a similar test had a transit time of 4 days. I was eating more normally way back then, but never have been able to tolerate apples or alot of raw food, though I would like to. This Dr. is a gastroenterology surgeon. Dr. Tombers is a plain gastroenterologist. His opinion was that there isn't a medicine outhere that will fix what is wrong with my bowel. Both Docs have looked at the recent X-rays. The surgeon is just highly aware of the severe problems that can result from removing 90% of your colon and wants to avoid that if at all possible. Food residue tends to collect in odd places in my colon and back things up. I live in a small village 20 miles from my regular doctor. I tend to get edgy as the weekend approaches, because I know that if I get into trouble over the weekend, the emergency room is of no help whatever. Don't have time for more, but thanks for your suggestions. Ruth

From Ruth Strackbein

From: CWFugitt <c_wa...@earthlink.net>
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Subject: CS>Digestion System Problems
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 13:05:15 -0500

Morning Ruth,

>> At 12:45 PM 6/18/2007, you wrote:
NowDr. wants me to use 4- 6 ounces twice a day, or Milk of magnesia, 1-2 tblasp twice a day or every other day as need seems to dictate. Haven't had time yet to try all the alternatives he recommended. I did get diarrhea today, but think I stated with too much Milk of Mag.

  I hate to tell you what I think.  ( Not scientific Fact )

I believe you and your doctor are treating the symptom, and not the cause. I may be wrong, I have been wrong before, on this very list.

If so, I will admit it and welcome the other ideas.

I realize the problem is very complex and a panel of doctors and scientists cannot always solve it.

This make we wonder why us lowly humans think we can solve anything. Of course we have control of the laboratory.

More ideas and facts on the digestive system later.

Wayne