> > That is not my understanding at all.
>
> Well, this is the precise reason given by Dr Beck in
> his paper. It is supposed to be a way of increasing the
> conductivity of the water without adding salt to thee
> water. It has nothing to do with 'purifying' the water,
> as he recommends doing this with distilled water also.

The starting current of water heated to boiling point, in my
experience, will be about four times that of room temperature water.
The time to generate 10ppm is about three fourths of that taken by
room temp. water.

> > Are we talking about heating the water and using hot water,
> > or boiling the water to remove dissolved gases then letting
> > it cool down before using it?  The first should be a no-no,
>
> Until someone gives (a) specific reason(s) for it being
> 'a no-no', it is totally irrelevant to even say it.

I have had no problems with CS generated using hot water, heated in
the microwave oven (about all I use it for these days), apart from
creating a slightly larger particle size.

> > and the second one makes a lot of sense, expecially if one is
> > getting variable results from different bottles of distilled
> > water.
> >
> > Marshall
>
> Anyone who buys bottles of distilled water is wasting
> their money, imho. If you want to buy it, at least get
> it from one of the commercial dispensers that monitor
> the quality of the water and the equipment making it,
> like Culligan Water (formerly Harmony Brook). Distilled
> water leaches chemicals out of plastic bottles, and
> should never be stored in plastic except for very
> short periods of time...which is why I use glass for my
> water.
>
> --
>
> Charles Marcus

Distilled water has a shelf life of about six months when stored in
the appropriate plastic container.
This shelf life is for unopened containers. I have found that d. water
that is stored in a partly used, ie half water half air, is unuseable
for my purposes in a month. Probably absorbed CO2 etc.

I use Purified Water B.P. (British Pharmacopea standard) as
manufactured by  McGaw BioMed and as recomended to me by my
microbiologist. This is the water used in manufacturing
pharmaceuticals for IV use. Measures about 30K Ohms (E=IR).

Ivan.