>Charles Marcus wrote:
>Until someone gives (a) specific reason(s) for it being
>Hot means higher energy.  Higher energy means more Browning movement.  More
>Browning movement means higher likelyhood of overcoming the mutual repulsion
>of the charge between particles. When particles bang together the aggregate,
>thus producing bigger particles.
>This would likely produce a gold colored colloid instead of a clear colloid,
>which would confirm that the particles are larger.  Smaller is better.
>Marshall

   Where did you get the idea that a gold colored CS is a sign of
larger particals? I find that VERY hard to believe. The reason I say
that is I made CS for some time and never once got a gold color until
I changed the type of distilled water that I was using. EVERY thing
was exactly the same except the water.

Take Care
Reid