Evening Keith,

>>At 12:46 PM 7/21/2007, you wrote:

and have been brewing a 32ounce batch and after about 15 hours it is only up to 7PPM

You could use 4 to 8 ounces of CS from a previous batch to help get the batch started and up to speed.

Even one to 2 drops of saline solution would work also.

Many say not to use any saline, yet likely a million or two people do it. I know many that do and the CS still works as it should.

You should not have many problems and it should not work you to death to make a little CS.

As I pointed out before, if you are going to try to make the best CS, get a lab and some test equipment.

There is a broad range of quality in CS. But someplace between
 50 % and  75 % will work great.

And I realize you are tying to learn all the in's and out's and make good CS. No problem with that.

If you water is very good, that can slow down the process for a time.

If I don't use any thing to limit the milliamps the power supply will put out 16 milliamps which I think is to high to use..

   I can't believe that much will flow in the CS solution.

Output of the supply does not matter.
The goofy numbers on a power supply or transformer is the maximum current that can be delivered for an extended period without excessive overheating or destruction.

People are expected to know how much current any circuit will load a supply, either by calculation or measurement. Doing this properly is why your house is not burned down. There is little room for error unless fuses are used. That is why fuses exist, for the people that cannot calculate. If a one amp fuse blows,......... that tells you something.

Last week I installed a high dollar, UL listed power supply delivering power to door locks in a 14 story building. It is rated at 6 amp load. The load measured 3.0 amps. Later that night, a 10 amp fuse was blown. This kept from destroying the supply, melting wire and maybe causing a serious problem, even a fire.
Now, ..... finding the problem in 14 story building is FUN!

I have a 12 Volt supply that will output 100 AMPS.
Connect it to a batch of CS, and it will not boil or explode.
The batch will draw only 1 to 3 ma, likely much less than 1 ma in the beginning.

The Low Conductivity is what limits your current. As the conductivity increases, the current increases. That is why, with a no limit setup, you have to monitor it closely with either a meter or with a trained eye.

Have fun and use some of the CS. Some say 5 ppm works as good as 15 ppm, in some cases.

Wayne