There could be several causes I am sure, but one thing I would do
immediately is have the water she is drinking tested, it likely has
elevated amounts of calcium carbonate in it.  Switch her to bottled
spring water, at least till you can have the water tested.

If a pathogen is involved the CS might very well help, but without that
information it is anyone's guess.

Marshall